rename: improve interaction in case of duplicates
I'm renaming thousands of image and I'm often asked if I want to overwrite some file:
exiv2: File `./20100620_221919.jpg' exists. [O]verwrite, [r]ename or [s]kip?
Could you make this interaction easier? I have two suggestions:
1. If I click enter, it should take O (capital letter is the suggested and default action in Debian, usually.. e.g. apt-get)
2. Add an option to set this choice on the command line
Updated by Robin Mills almost 5 years ago
- Category set to miscellaneous
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Tuan Nhu
- Target version set to 0.25
Thanks for this. Can this be dealt with in a little script:
echo y y y y | exiv2 bla bla bla
yes | exiv2 bla bla bla
I've assigned this to Tuan as he's looking at some exiv2 command changes for 0.25. Providing a default response on the command line seems resonanable.
Updated by Robin Mills about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
We will not do anything about this for following reasons:
- There is a -f/--force switch provided for this purpose
- There are bash/script workarounds available
- This is a User Experience Issue. Exiv2 is technology and if the user wishes to modify the behaviour of exiv2.exe, he can do this with his local copy.