Respect Sony/Minolta lenses with shared LensID such as Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di II LD
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||27 Dec 2015|
|Assignee:||Robin Mills||% Done:|
|Category:||lens||Estimated time:||10.00 hours|
#1145. Added resolveLensTypeUsingExiftool(). This code is not in service for reasons mentioned in the code.
#1145. Thank You, Michael for providing the test files. I will extract the metadata from your files and add it to the test suite after you have tested this code.
#1 Updated by Robin Mills about 3 years ago
- Estimated time changed from 2.00 to 3.00
I've added a function resolveLensTypeUsingExiftool() to handle this. I've debugged it. I'm not going to put this into service at this time for the following reasons:
- we don't know the path to the file being processed
- can't work for a remote file as exiftool doesn't handle remote IO
- almost certainly throws an ugly ugly dos box on the screen in Windows
- I haven't asked Phil's permission to do this
#2 Updated by Robin Mills about 3 years ago
- File tamron.tgz added
From Michael on #1143:
I have taken some sample shots with all my tamron lenses (appended as tar ball). I have chosen the lowest resolution available, but the jpegs still occupy at least 2MB:-(
The lenses are
Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F4.5-5.6 Di II LD
Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical
Tamron AF 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Macro
Tamron SP AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di USD
Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di Macro 1:1
and the jpegs have the focal length in their names.
Thanks for considering Tamron lenses to be recognized by exiv2,
I've attached Michael's bundle: http://dev.exiv2.org/attachments/download/873/tamron.tgz
#4 Updated by Robin Mills about 3 years ago
- % Done changed from 30 to 80
Fix submitted. r4156
Can you test this on your library of images. I'm sure we'll find something else to fix. However it's close. Here's the output from your test files:
$ for i in ~/Downloads/tamron/* ; do echo ---- $i ---- ; exiv2 -pa --grep LensID $i 2>/dev/null ; done ---- ~/Downloads/tamron/Tamron11-18.jpg ---- Exif.Sony1.LensID Long 1 Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical IF ---- ~/Downloads/tamron/Tamron17-55.jpg ---- Exif.Sony1.LensID Long 1 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical <---- is it 50 or 55? ---- ~/Downloads/tamron/Tamron18-200.jpg ---- Exif.Sony1.LensID Long 1 Tamron AF 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF] Macro ---- ~/Downloads/tamron/Tamron70-300.jpg ---- Exif.Sony1.LensID Long 1 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di USD ---- ~/Downloads/tamron/Tamron90.jpg ---- Exif.Sony1.LensID Long 1 Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di MacroAfter you've tested this, I will extract the metadata from your test files and add it to our test suite as a regression detector. And then we'll be done with #1145.
We're not done on #1143 which is the mysterious Preview. I'm not going to work on that today - however I hope to resolve that in 2015!
#5 Updated by Robin Mills about 3 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- % Done changed from 80 to 100
Submitted test harness update: r4159. I've set the status to 100%/Resolved which means that I don't intend to do any further work on this.
If you find anything relating to this (and I expect you will), please update this issue report and I will investigate. I'll change the status to 'Closed' before we ship v0.26.