Problems with Sigma 18-300 F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO HSM Lens
Just obtained the subject lens, and tried to find the lens ID code for it.
Using exiftool, as follows...
[terry@localhost 18-300-sigma]$ exiftool IMGP0382.JPG | grep -i Lens
Lens Type : Unknown (8 34)
Lens F Stops : 8.5
Lens ID : Unknown (8 34)
I interpreted this code as 0x8034, and added this code for the lens to my local source and built, but using exiv2 as follows...
exiv2 -pt IMGP0382.JPG | grep Lens finds nothing.
Have I misinterpreted the code as given by exiftool, or is there likely to be some other problem here?
Fix issue #1117: Add support for Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM for Pentax cameras.
Would it be possible for you to provide a test file and give us permission to use the data from that file in our test suite?
Yes. I have attached a reduced quality copy of the image I used. It seems to have the exif data, but if you have problems please let me know and I'll have another try.
- Category set to makernote
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Alan Pater
- Target version set to 0.26
- Assignee changed from Alan Pater to Robin Mills
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- Assignee changed from Robin Mills to Niels Kristian Bech Jensen
Niels has submitted a fix. r3939. Thank You Niels for dealing with this.
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
I'm going to set the status of this to closed. It has been 100% resolved for some time without further incident.
Also available in: Atom