Olympus E-510 RAW file (ORF) corrupted after geotagging
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||27 Feb 2011|
|Assignee:||Robin Mills||% Done:|
|Category:||withdrawn||Estimated time:||1.00 hour|
Hi all, I used exiv2-0.21.1 to add GPS info to my Olympus E-510 RAW files.
Exiv2 finished successfully. But the result files seem to be corrupted.
I tried to open them in Mac OS X 10.6.6 with Adobe Photoshop CS5 (Camera Raw 6.3),
and Camera Raw complained 'Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw'.
I also tried with Aperture 3.1.1 and Preview, and they both failed to render the image.
The original files can be opened correctly.
The command I used for geotagging is
exiv2 -m geotag.cmd P9124985.ORF
Both geotag.cmd and P9124985.ORF sample are attached.
BTW, the above command works fine with Nikon NEF files.
#2 Updated by Robin Mills almost 3 years ago
- Category set to metadata
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Robin Mills
This issue has been in the database for 5 years and nobody else has requested progress with this matter. So, unless you engage to persuade me to keep this matter alive, it will be closed on April 30 as "no longer needed/wanted".
#3 Updated by Robin Mills almost 3 years ago
- Category changed from metadata to withdrawn
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- Target version changed from 53 to 0.26
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Estimated time set to 1.00
I can't open the file P9124985.ORF with Adobe PhotoShop Elements (nor with Exiv2). I can only assume that this is the "corrupted" file.
I've taken a good .ORF (which was provided to investigate #1178) and copied that to P9124985.ORF. The command file works perfectly.
562 rmills@rmillsmbp:~/Downloads $ exiv2 -pa --grep gps/i P9124985.ORF Exif.Image.GPSTag Long 1 1253058 Exif.GPSInfo.GPSVersionID Byte 4 22.214.171.124 Exif.GPSInfo.GPSVersionID Byte 4 126.96.36.199 Exif.GPSInfo.GPSLatitudeRef Ascii 2 North Exif.GPSInfo.GPSLatitude Rational 3 36deg 33' 16.450" Exif.GPSInfo.GPSLongitudeRef Ascii 2 West Exif.GPSInfo.GPSLongitude Rational 3 121deg 55' 47.050" Exif.GPSInfo.GPSAltitudeRef Byte 1 Above sea level Exif.GPSInfo.GPSAltitude Rational 1 3.2 m Exif.GPSInfo.GPSTimeStamp SRational 3 21:22:48 Exif.GPSInfo.GPSMapDatum Ascii 7 WGS-84 Exif.GPSInfo.GPSDateStamp SRational 3 2010/1 9/1 12/1 563 rmills@rmillsmbp:~/Downloads $ cat geotag.cmd add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSVersionID Byte 2 0 0 0 add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSLatitudeRef Ascii N add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSLatitude Rational 36/1 33/1 1645/100 add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSLongitudeRef Ascii W add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSLongitude Rational 121/1 55/1 4705/100 add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSAltitudeRef Byte 0 add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSAltitude Rational 1986/625 add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSTimeStamp SRational 21/1 22/1 48/1 add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSMapDatum Ascii WGS-84 add Exif.GPSInfo.GPSDateStamp SRational 2010/1 9/1 12/1 564 rmills@rmillsmbp:~/Downloads $I'm going to mark the issue as close/withdrawn/v0.26.